Music I'm Listening to These Days...


Monday, June 25, 2007

Progress on artwork

We're leaving for Washington DC on Wed. at 7AM -
I am trying to finish up these two pieces tonight. Listening to Coldplay... kids made me listen and now I really like them! I have so many details to finish up but nothing is dry!!

Carol, I'm sending these to you too so you know I'm working!!














This is almost finished. I have copper pieces to go underneath the eyes. I have to glue the heads down and the gears, but I'm not quite done with the gears. The 'stitching' is posterboard strips, but I'm not sure if I'll use them or something else...I am very happy with the border, it is IKEA paper yardsticks colored with oil paint sticks and 'distressed' and they look cool. Outside those is more collage on a medium tan mat board. I needed more room for the heads. I still have to trim it on 2 sides, but it is just about done!!

The next piece is about 1/2 done.













Needs all the collage, and transparencies, but it is
going very well. All the dark colored squares are 100 grit sandpaper, in case you're wondering. It's perfect with the copper paint I'm using. None of it is glued down, just wanted to see what it was going to look like!














The color is off - yellowed- it's the lighting and the camera, and I didn't have time to put the picture into Photoshop, sorry! I'll upload it to Arttechniques when we get back to Texas. Click on the pictures and they blow up huge so you can see the texture in the pattern pieces - they'll get the 'stitching later, and all the backgrounds and the squares will be FUN - I'm going to play around with my flower stamp and embossing powders - when I get back!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Deb!
I'm so glad I found you, too! Your work is beautiful! I just LOVE the 'gear-heads'! You really have some talent there, girl! I wish I could be as organized as you and keep a project journal. I lost the last one I had! I'll be checking in often!

Karen