Music I'm Listening to These Days...


Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh Yeah!! My 'Eye to Eye' Went to the Midland Art Association's Spring Show!!!















Another first for me, acceptance into an international show(or at least a show with international entries!!) And what a gorgeous place to have a show - in the lovely Museum of the Southwest in Midland, TX. A gorgeous old restored home in downtown Midland, and there is a planetarium, a children's museum and plans for other things too. I feel honored to have hung a piece on these walls. It looks at home among the other entries.

This piece has gotten plenty of exposure this year and last - I have unfinished work, lots of unfinished work!!! And for most shows, they want work that's completed - start to finish - in 2 years!! Hmmmmm, so there is a shelf life for a work!! Anyone else have this problem???

Speaking of unfinished work...I may have my graduate exhibit in October '09 or May of '10, so I need to get VERY busy! I'm hoping to graduate in May '10, but if they move me this summer, to the 'out building', then I won't take summer school, so that puts me graduating from SulRoss State University with my Masters in Art and Art Education, in Dec. '10, which is fine, but it would be nice to finish in May...

No comments: