Music I'm Listening to These Days...


Saturday, November 10, 2007

Three months in a nutshell!!!

Long time, here I am again!!
My 79 year old Dad had surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm on September 17, and Dan and I went to Seattle for that - very bad, he was in ICU for nearly 3 weeks and on a ventilator for much of it. He had renal failure, lost part of his colon and ended up with a colostomy and for a while we weren't sure he would come back at all. I went back for 8 days the middle of October and he was starting to come around. He was in a regular room, but unable to sit up or feed himself. After a week of my nonstop chatter and sneaking him 'medicinal' McD's sausage,egg, and cheese biscuits and coffee, he perked up enough to start feeding himself and get off the feeding tube. His one good kidney has come back to life, but he is now being treated for insulin dependent diabetes... My brothers Marc and Pete, my sister in law Lisa, Dad's friend Claudine, and I have tag teamed him so he'd have constant company, and it has helped tremendously.
Marc, who lives there in Seattle (he's the artist who's link is the first on my list) is the primary care person, since the rest of us are so far away, so much of this has fallen on him. Dad's in rehab there at UWMC and progressing ever so slowly back, we all hope, to his pre-surgery self.

And of course, I also started back to school in August. I have 165 Art 1-4 high school students, absolutely the most wonderful bunch I have ever had!!! This school year has been so nice!!

I am also a Nana again!!! Jillian Grace was born October 17th!! My pictures won't work on blogger, so I'll get the other disk from school.

My cup runneth over...

I'm back in college this semester, behind as usual...I don't know why I ever think it's going to be any different, it's always going to be something that makes working on my masters nearly impossible. But I will keep going, no matter what, as long as my dear instructor Carol doesn't throw me out!


These are 2 technique photos, this is modeling paste over salt and lace - fun stuff!! Click on this one, it looks cool!











This one is modeling paste over crumpled pattern tissue that has had photos and letters xeroxed onto it - it didn't smear, I was shocked!!!















This is my journal -
Like I say, it's a lifesaver for me - I did the design on the way to see my Dad. Five hours of flying gives you lots of time to think and plan.












This photo is the center piece from the journal before it's glued onto the foam core, it ends up 2 thicknesses of foamcore for this part, 1 for the piece below it and matboard for the base. It'll be about 22"X28" unmatted.
























I finished up the spring semester with 7 finished pieces, and I'm trying to find the pictures to upload for that.
I'm grabbing 15 min. here and there, whenever I can. Again my journal has been a lifesaver!!

No comments: